Coffee with a Conscience
Coffee tastes so much better when it changes lives.
We employ people who need a chance
We’re a social enterprise that employs people who need a chance: NEETs, homeless and ex-offenders.
We develop their skills.
We develop enterprise and employability skills
& Empower them to become their own boss
When ready, our baristas are given use of their own coffee stall and become self-employed.
What’s the problem?
• 17% of young people were unemployed in the UK in 2014.
• 65% of young people want to work for themselves in the future.
• 80% of people feel the education system doesn’t support them to be their own boss.
• 51% of people say that not having money prevents them from setting up in business.
Society isn’t doing enough to nurture and empower young entrepreneurs.
Buy our coffee
You can find us from from 10am at Firstsite, Colchester. Come say hello and buy one of our fantastic tasting coffees made with our own blend of coffee beans.
Or why not suspend a coffee? A suspended coffee is a pre-bought coffee for someone who can’t afford it.
Our crowdfunding campaign is now over – thanks for supporting us and raising over £20k for We Walk the Line to help us scale and support more hard-to-reach people into employment.
Hire us for an event
Ben & Jerry’s, Whistles and Lloyds Bank have all used We Walk the Line to cater for their events. Here’s why:
1. We’re one of the few (if not only) pedal-powered coffee caterers that’s also a social enterprise.
2. Our coffee trikes put on quite the show. Watch our baristas pedal to grind the coffee beans that go into your drink.
3. We charge affordable rates. For more information, get in contact on firstname.lastname@example.org
EY Foundation Accelerate Member:
With special thanks to our brilliant supporters: